Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage project suggestions for another newcomer

Hi Aaron.

On 5 Sep 2014, at 01:10, Aaron Quamme <aaron.quamme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for suggestions in the vein of Stephen's project - something
> relatively small and non-critical but still useful. I discovered Mirage and
> unikernels last week and find topic rather fascinating, so I decided to make
> it the focus of my undergraduate research project this semester. I don't have
> much experience with OCaml or with functional languages in general, but I've
> started on Real World OCaml.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions you provide!

How about a DHCP server implementation? We already have a DHCP client:

https://github.com/mirage/mirage-tcpip/tree/master/dhcp

A DHCP server would be handy if we want to do fancy network stuff in future
e.g. for some kind of DHCP + NAT + VPN appliance.

I’m sure other people have other suggestions too!

Cheers,
Dave