Re: [MirageOS-devel] Xen access to the GPU

Le jeudi, 11 septembre 2014 Ã 15:32, Dave Scott a Ãcrit :
> - focus on hardware which has open-source 3D drivers[1], and port to a more
> Mirage-y environmentâ perhaps the rPi would be a good target?[2]

Actually I wanted to have a look at that at a certain point, but... time...
Apparently the open source driver [1] is simply a message passing shim that
talks to the RTOS that runs on the broadcom gpu.

So in my naive view if I could just link these things in with the mirage kernel
and access the exposed GLES api using tgls [2] that could actually do it.

Btw, what's the status of mirage on the rPI ?

Daniel

P.S. At a certain point I looked at trying to do that using Goswin [1]
exo-kernel. But I stopped trying to get a working arm cross compiler. Would be
nice to be able to bundle cross-compilers in opam switches.

[1] https://github.com/raspberrypi/userland
[2] http://erratique.ch/software/tgls
[3] https://github.com/mrvn/ocaml-rpi