Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage budget development platform

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Anil MadhavapeddyÂ<anil@xxxxxxxxxx>Âwrote:
I'd suggest an even simpler mode -- just use the $50 Cubieboard2 (or Cubietrick) directly as the development environment.

I was going down the cubietrunk (cubieboard 3) road but after you buy the board, monitor, keyboard, and mouse additions I ended up with about the same price as the portable laptop style chromebook and you get less hardware

CubieTrunk --- Samsung Chromebook
* Dual core 1GHz Â--- 8 core (4 x 1.9 GHz/4 x 1.3 GHz)
* 2 GB memory Â--- 4 GB
* 8 GB storage --- 16 GB

Ok so I know that someone has to invest their time and energy to make it happen and to work out all the hardware issues and that is not trivial. So, I assume that the chromebook development is all but dead. ÂSuch a same because that would have been a sweet compact mobile system for Xen/Mirage. ÂIt even has an HDMI out port that could be used for presentations.

P.S. Anil, are there any videos of your recent presentations at the various conferences you have been attending? ÂYou are a very gifted orator.Â

--Stephen