[MirageOS-devel] mirage configure & dynlink (was: V1 vs V2 mirage-types)

Hi list,

Very much related to the ongoing thread of V1 vs V2 is the tool
`mirage configure`.
Its role is to generate code to match particular implementations to
signatures.  Right now this tool requires global knowledge of all the
mirage libraries and needs to be updated in concert with any change in
the set of exported signatures.

It seems to me that it would be better for each mirage library to
manage its own code generation.  In this world, `mirage configure`
would be a library of combinators used to write these code generators
and the individual code generators would be loaded dynamically (using
dynlink & findlib) at configure time.

I haven't thought through this idea, but I was wondering what other
people thought about it.

All the best,
Nicolas