Re: [MirageOS-devel] MirageOS and GSoC (was: Re: IMPORTANT: GSoC 2015 page created - Need to confirm old projects, create/review new ones and fix projects with issues before Feb 22nd)

> On 8 Feb 2015, at 19:03, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 6 Feb 2015, at 18:19, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> [removed others so we can continue discussion ourselves]
>>
>> Last year we had three projects (see below) but since we're curating a set
>> of our own, I'd like to make sure we've filled that out too.
>>
>> Last year's list - are these still valid?
>> • Create a tiny VM for easy load testing
>> • Fuzz testing Xen with Mirage
>> • Mirage OS web stack testing
>> (via http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/GSoC_2015#Mirage_OS)
>
> These are all still valid.

I marked these as verified, linking to this thread

>> If you have ideas for projects, please add them to the wiki and we can then
>> add them to the pool for GSoC.
>> We have a number of projects already listed but I'm sure there are several
>> others we can think of.  I'll bring this up during the next call.
>> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Pioneer-Projects
>
> How about we just link the Pioneer Projects page to the Xen Project wiki?
> It'll be useful not to duplicate these things.

That works for me, with maybe with a list of the projects and a set of
instructions on how to apply for them as part of GSoC. I would suggest to add
something like

==== Additional Pioneer Projects ====
{{project
|Project=Additional Pioneer Projects
|Date=01/30/2015
|Verified=Feb 8th, 2015 (see this
[http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/mirageos-devel/2015-02/msg00046.html
conversation])
|Contact=Send a mail to mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you're
interested in starting on one or several of these projects.
|Difficulty=Various levels of difficulty
|Skills=OCaml
|Desc=This is a list of pioneer projects for Mirage OS, covering area such as
'''Build Tools''', '''New Libraries''', '''Storage Technologies''',
'''Networking Technologies''', '''Interfaces to Non-Ocaml (aka foreign)
Languages''' and other topics. Note that some of these projects may be too
small or too big for a single GSoC project. If you are interested in one of
these, make sure you discuss first on mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - we
can then merge or split these as needed for GSoC.