Re: [MirageOS-devel] Problem when writing Twitter API library that can be used on Mirage

On 15 May 2015 at 21:30, Runhang Li <marklrh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Dr Leonard
>
> Thank you for the suggestions.
>
> I design my library using functor and start to appreciate how functor helps
> to abstract design and easily target different backend (Unix, Xen).
>
> I still have two questions which are related to OS dependency.
>
> 1. How could I know if a library has any OS dependency? Do I need to read
> their source code, or there is a easier way I donât know?

The easiest way is to try it with "mirage configure --xen". If you get
a link error, then it had an OS dependency.

> 2. Is there any good crypto library (e.g. generating nonce, calculating
> HMAC_SHA1) that can be used on Mirage? I am using Cryptokit on my unix
> machine. It seems like I cannot use it in Mirage. Reason is here
> (https://github.com/msimon/cryptokit/blob/master/src/cryptokit.mli#L233).
> You may realize this problem is actually the reason I asked my first
> question.

This library should work (Mirage uses it for its TLS support):

https://github.com/mirleft/ocaml-nocrypto

For example:

https://github.com/mirleft/ocaml-nocrypto/blob/514c5736d8675717a695c77f1c507bb09bf7c4e1/src/nocrypto.mli#L126

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA