Re: [MirageOS-devel] Passing parameters into the Unikernel

> This may be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway: with the recent (?)
> change to conduit that means the port number is specified inside the
> Unikernel rather than in the config.ml file, is there any particular
> API to use for passing the port number (or any other parameter)
> extracted from the environment into the Unikernel?

I plan to integrate the remaining patches waiting in line for mirage in the
coming weeks. One of them is about passing configuration-time values to
compile-time functions[1]. This will help solving this problem.

> If not, then I'll hack something up using crunch / KV_RO for now
> probably but a more principled solution seems like it might be
> nice...?  (Add a `parameter` s-exp type or something?)

Indeed, a crunch thing would work for now on, or use Magnus' bootvar[2] if you
are targeting Xen only.

Thomas

[1]: https://github.com/mirage/mirage/pull/360
[2]: https://github.com/mirage/mirage-bootvar-xen