[MirageOS-devel] Unikernel.org forum and a logo for unikernels!

  • To: mirageos-devel <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 12:08:12 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 12:14:27 +0000

Hi folks,

I hope everyone had a great new year!

I'd like to tell you about two things I'm working on and get some feedback.
The first is unikernel.org and the second is a logo for unikernels.

### Unikernel.org ###

Some of you may have noticed a new site called unikernel.org.  This is intended
to be a gathering place for development on unikernels and help us ease the
process of bringing in new users and contributors across all the projects.

As part of this, there's now a new discussion forum at
https://devel.unikernel.org. This should *augment* the existing sources and
help facilitate more cross-pollination and cooperation across unikernel
projects. In particular, we will all benefit by working together to solve
common problems around configuration, deployment and monitoring.

You can catchup on the discussion that led to the forum [1] and also share
feedback about the site in general [2].

### Logo for unikernels ###

I've also been working towards a logo for unikernels and I'd like to gather
feedback from the unikernel community! There's been a 99designs contest running
for a while â where designers have submitted just over 400 entries â and a
short-list for community feedback is now at
https://99designs.co.uk/logo-design/vote-99gjyi (link open until at least 15th
Jan).

The reason for creating a logo is that the unikernel approach as a *concept*
has been getting much more attention and by building more of brand around it we
can greatly improve the standing of projects and increase adoption!

At this stage, the aim is to gather wider feedback to inform the next step.
The final design will be selected *at a later date* â after further iteration
with designers.  Once a logo is chosen, it will be used on unikernel.org and
will help inform the design of the rest of the site.

For more background, you can join the discussion thread [3], read the design
brief [4] and look through all the entries [5]. Don't forget to leave feedback
[6]!

2016 will be an exciting year for all the unikernel projects and I look forward
to getting started!

**Links**

-- unikernel.org --
[1] Discourse forum: