[Wg-test-framework] Minutes from March 11 AllNet meeting

= Attendees =

Ian Jackson

Paul George

Lars Kurth

Don Koch

== Outstanding Actions ==

ACTION: Access to COLO

* Lars: Passport stuff (done)

* Russell Pavlicek: to visit the COLO

* [ACTION] Paul: to set Lars up on access list

* [ACTION] Paul to change form to Lars

* Lars to set up Russell as visitor to test out process

ACTION: Next meeting

* The next two meetings are out of sync due to summer time mismatch

* Lars: move the next two meetings back to 14:00 UK time, 10:00 US (done)

== Status, Loose Ends, â ==

4 x86 machines whose serial adaptors need replacing (R/O only access)

* Ian: list of affected machines â osceleta0, pinot1, elbling1, nocera1

* Paul: Replaced adaptors on all of them, but is not convinced whether the adaptors are the issue

* Don: Has not verified them yet

* [ACTION]: Ian+Don coordinate off-line and hand over machines to Ian when working

*  Ian: All the other machines which are marked with a + in mail from mail âNotes from Xen Project/AllNet call Mar 4th â are with Ian again as Don resolved all issues

Issues with huxelrebe0/1

* Paul: got info â not clear who will purchase the motherboard?

* From: AMD â quote âThe memory is transferable, not the chips.

AMD can provide the chips, not the motherboard.â

* [ACTION] Paul: see whether he can source the AMD motherboards, get quote

* Next steps: decide what to do

Issues with rimava0/1

* Paul: Lenovo seems to go to IPMA board

* Don: does OSSTEST does not know how to deal with IPMA boards?

* Ian: Not currently. In principle can be implemented â but complex and not ideal for a variety of reasons

* Ian: If we cannot get machines with serial support in future, we will have to deal with this issue

* [ACTION] Paul: Will talk to Lenovo engineer and summarize conversation on the list

Issues with ARM crate

* Don: Serial connectors have been fixed

* Ian: is there anything stopping us from posting new Arndale serials to Git. I am blocked on this right now

* Ian: do I have ownership of arndaleâs and cubiâs

* Don: ACK

* Paul: put modem connectors in â may need straight-throughâs if there are serial issues

* Ian: Will try right now

* Ian: not working

* Paul: bench tested it with serial cable

* [ACTION] Don to confirm serial on the 4 whose serial connectors were replaced and upload layout sheet

* [ACTION] Paul to replace cables today

== AOB ==

George: Keep on tripping over power/reboot issues. Do we still have a configuration issues?

Don: Some machines seem to show discrepancies between settings and actual behaviour

Ian: Canât exactly remember machines. Ian double checked settings and found 4 machines which were set to âlast stateâ and corrected them

Don: If we have issues related to power states, can you please communicate it on the list

Ian: ACK