Re: [Xen-devel] Is Xen 3.0 is stable or unstable ?

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 06:18:27PM +0100, Philippe Berthault wrote:

> What is the status of Xen 3.0 at this time, stable or not ?
>
> I've cloned (with mercurial) the xen-3.0-testing tuesday (december 6)
> but I've seen that several modifications have occured since that date
> in xend, xenstore and docs.

The Xen 3.0.0 that was released on Monday, represented by a RELEASE-3.0.0 tag
in the repository and collected as various CD images, is a stable release.
xen-3.0-testing is the line that will become 3.0.1 etc, which will contain
only bug fixes to the stable release (plus changes to documentation, etc).
3.0.1 is not released yet -- you are looking at the development branch to that
release.

There is also a xen-unstable branch, which does exactly what it says on the
tin.

Ewan.