Re: [Xen-devel] Stability of migration?

On 14 Jun 2006, at 01:32, John Byrne wrote:

So, I guess I'll start with the easy question: should non-live migration ever have a page fail to verify? If not, how can I identify the source of the problem?

They are probably pages shared with backend drivers (xenstore, blkback, netback, etc.). Since domain teardown is asynchronous, those backend drivers may still have those pages mapped and be able to update them while the save is in progress. It's harmless (but of course false positives on the verify test are rather annoying!).

 -- Keir