[Xen-devel] [xen 4.6 retrospective] Kicking off a retrospective for Xen 4.6 (deadline August 28th)

Hi all,

I have been asked by a number of people to kick off a retrospective for
* what worked well
* didn't work well
in the Xen 4.6 release cycle.

As most of the stress of the last few weeks is now out of the way, I
thought it would be appropriate to start this process now, and let it run
for a few weeks. We have not done this type of retrospective over e-mail
before (we have done so at developer meetings as well as Hackathons).
As we have a global and distributed community, I think it is worthwhile
trying this by email. To make this work, you need to follow a few ground
rules.

= Ground Rules =
We would like to hear
a) what worked well and
b) what didn't work well
in this release cycle.

Please provide feedback before August 28th.

== What to discuss / what not to discuss ==

* Do NOT send issues which are personal to the mailing list. This means,
do NOT send anything related to individuals or companies that may have
occurred in this release cycle. We do not want to have divisive flame
wars in our community: this does not fit our values and will help
no-one. If you believe that we do have an issue, that requires referring
to individuals/companies, please send me a private email following the
same formatting conventions as outlined below. I can then work with you
to figure out how to best approach this issue or piece of feedback.

* If you are not sure, contact me beforehand and we can discuss the best
way forward.

* It is entirely acceptable to discuss process issues in public. Examples
of topics that are suitable are: "the hard freeze did not work", "the hard
freeze did work well", "we should have longer freeze exception windows",
"we should have no freeze exceptions at all", "we should open master to
contributions after RC2", "we should rename freeze to something else as
it encourages misunderstandings", "we should have a shorter release cycle",
etc. - these are just examples.

* If you agree with an issue/solution you can reply to it with a comment
or a "+1" in the normal way

* If you disagree or have some concerns about what has been proposed,
feel free to reply. You can use the "-1 comment" format.

Please be MINDFUL when you reply to one of the ideas and suggestions that
were raised. The ground rule about NOT becoming personal also applies to