[Xen-devel] xentrace, xenalyze

Hi,

I'm from GlobalLogic team that uses Xen as a base for an automative platform. Got few questions regarding Xen tracing and it seems that existing documentation is rather limited.

At the previous Xen Hackathon I was talking about shared (mediated pass-through) GPU concept for ARM; it's working well, but still has performance issues, and some of them seem to be correlated to other Xen subsystems, but it's not obvious why so (e.g. turning off pv real time clock driver gives us a significant boost in overall graphics performance). So, I'm looking for two things here actually:

1. to understand how can I use xenalyze to find bottlenecks in the system at the moment
2. to add VGPU scheduler traces to Xen trace subsystem, xenbaked, xentrace and xenalyze

Some insights into the second question can be found in RTDS scheduler patches (it adds a few of it's own trace events and uses generic scheduler tracing); however, it uses already functioning scheduler tracing subsystem which is VCPU specific and is not suitable for VGPU, and there are no visible patches to xenalyze to parse these traces out.

--
Regards, Pavlo Suikov