Re: [Xen-users] Invalid install location

  • To: deshantm@xxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Jeff Lane" <sundowner225@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:42:00 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:42:33 -0700

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am also a co-author on a book called Running Xen, so I will recommed it,
> but if you are not interested, you still might find the references on
> our book website (runningxen.com) useful.

Hey Todd...  I thought your name looked familiar.  I'm sitting here at
my desk and Running Xen is right in front of me ;-)  Since you IDd
yourself, could you pass along to the rest of your Band of Merry
Virtualizers that I enjoyed the book, it seems to be well thought out,
and is actually useful.  Most of it is stuff I already know, having
been in the test business since Xen debuted in RHEL and SLES, but I've
learned a few tricks from the book already, and it's nice having a
cohesive reference to go to when things dont run the way I'd like them
to.

So good job on the book!  I appreciate it greatly!

And for everyone else on the list:  I recommend the book Running Xen.
They really did do a good job of putting together a LOT of Xen
installation and configuration information, as well as some good
history on virtualization and even some info on other
methods/software.

Cheers
Jeff