Re: [Xen-users] page fault for mpt2sas in domU ?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kuba <kuba.0000@xxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:41:33 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:42:59 +0000

W dniu 2014-04-25 11:53, Pierre Peyronnel pisze:
Hi everyone,

new subscriber here, and fairly new to Xen.
I have managed to install a dom0 (alpine 2.7) and a domU (debian 7.0)

I am trying to pass through my LSI 8i controller to the domU but the
driver does not load correctly with a page fault (see below) but is
visible in lsmod.

If i boot using the regular kernel in alpine (instead of the Xen kernel)
it woels like a charm and i can see al my disks (see below the first log).

I could not help but notice that the regular alpine kernel loads a 64
bits driver v14 while the debian domU loads a 32 bits driver v10

Any help appreciated

Pierre

I had some issues with passing through AOC-USAS2-L8e controllers (based on LSI SAS 2008) to FreeBSD domU. Found working solution here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-xen/2013-November/001799.html

Quote:
  This is a known issue with the LSI HBA's which affects virtual
  instances (VMware, Xen etc)

  Add these lines to /boot/loader.conf:
  hw.pci.enable_msi=1
  hw.pci.enable_msix=0

Sorry I can't help you more (I'm not even sure it's the right direction) but it might be worth investigating. You could also try to boot FreeBSD live cd in your domU and see if that works.

Regards,
Kuba