Re: [Xen-users] Cheap IOMMU hardware and ECC support importance

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kuba <kuba.0000@xxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 14:48:36 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:49:01 +0000

W dniu 2014-07-09 02:10, lee pisze:
Kuba <kuba.0000@xxxxx> writes:

W dniu 2014-07-06 14:20, lee pisze:
Kuba <kuba.0000@xxxxx> writes:

I think that it doesn't matter what the line starts with and that people
do not always know what they are doing.  Besides, what a line starts
with is configurable.

I'd change it to "?" for users and "!" for root.

or make it red for root

Snapshot replicated to another set of disk on another machine
qualifies for me as a backup. When you take a snapshot, it's stored on
the same pool, so if you loose the pool, you loose the snapshots too.

And when you replicate it to the other machine, it's not a snapshot
anymore but a copy like a backup?

It's a backup copy with a snapshot :)

Please don't get me wrong, but if you find that interesting maybe it
would benefit you more to read some docs or howtos and try it for
yourself instead of trying to learn about a thing you've never touched
by asking questions? I'm no expert on the subject, so chances are I'd
unintentionally provide you with information that's incorrect.

The documentation might do that as well.  And yes, I'm getting to the
point at which I should try it out.

Hooray

Copying data without any form of checksumming (even done manually) is
like rolling dice for me.

Wow, that's quite a statement.  Do you checksum every bit of data you
copy in some way?

I never said I don't gamble ;) It depends on the data and what is going to happen with the source and destination after the copying is done.

Kuba