Re: [Xen-users] qemu-nbd.c:223:5: error: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code [-Werror=declaration-after-statement]

On Fri, 2014-07-18 at 13:24 +0200, bobbisanchez@xxxxxx wrote:
> /mnt/xvda1/xen/tools/libxl/../../tools/config.h  -c -o libxl_numa.o
> libxl_numa.c -mtune=generic -Os -pipe
> libxl_numa.c: In function 'libxl__get_numa_candidate':
> libxl_numa.c:287:5: error: 'comb_iter' may be used uninitialized in this
> function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]

I think changing the optimisation level means that gcc is no longer
capable of spotting the fact that this variable is initialised in
comb_init.

You'll probably need to patch the code to explicitly initialise the
variable.

If you aren't comfortable doing that sort of thing then I would
recommend that you stick with the optimisation level specified by the
default build system.

Ian.