[Xen-users] domU gui problems

I'm trying to set up a laptop with xen and a number of graphical domU.

I've installed archlinux and xen 4.5.0 and they are working fine as far as I can see. I'm running xfce in dom0 and have some console based domu running archlinux all fine.

I can't get a graphical domU without problems though. I'm working with archlinux only (so far) and I find:
- PV domU won't display a window using sdl
- PV domu using vnc gets two mouse pointers, one on the physical screen and one in the domU window, which separate if I change the default window size
- HVM domU will display a window using sdl but the mouse pointer is missing
- HVM domU with vnc only shows the mouse pointer for the physical screen so clicks act somewhere unknown

I've read all the documentation I can find, and googled everything I can think of but I'm stuck now. I suspect that all the documentation saying things "just work" is based on heavier weight distros and I'm missing some package(s)/driver(s) that aren't stated as dependencies but, other than guessing, I don't know what to try any more. There is nothing in any logs which points me to anything.

I haven't included any hardware, config details or logs as I don't know what, if any, would help and I don't want to make this post any longer than it is already.

I did have ideas of comparing the various options but now I'd take any option for a graphical domu working, so any help at all will be appreciated.

TIA,
George