Re: [Embedded-pv-devel] CBS 60 Minutes: Creating Drones that can't be hacked

Howdy -

Sadly, only the reverse is true: weâve been using the technology described in that video in our Xen-based work. The larger-scale concept being that we can layer more complicated features on top of our higher-assurance autopilot by using Xen as the separation mechanism. So your application runs in one domain while our autopilot runs in another, and Xen prevents the application from doing anything that can impact the flight operations of the vehicle.

For those interested, the Xen work is described in Larsâs youtube link below, and was recently open sourced and blogged about by the speaker in that video, my colleague Jonathan Daugherty. The autopilot weâre building is also open source; see the web site at http://smaccmpilot.org/ and the various repositories on GitHub (https://github.com/galoisinc/smaccmpilot-build, to start, perhaps).

- Adam