Re: [Minios-devel] [Xen-users] Problems connecting to the daytime application provided with Mini-OS

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 21:02 +0200, Manfred Haertel, DB3HM wrote:

I'm cross posting to minios-devel too, just to keep them in the loop.

> PÃrvu Mihai schrieb:
>
> > Basically what I'm trying to do is connect to the daytime server
> > application mini-os provdes from Dom0. The IP i set is 10.0.2.10/24
> > <http://10.0.2.10/24>. I can ping it just fine, I see it in ifconfig,
> > it
> > is bridged with xenbr0.
> >
> > More, If i create a Mini-OS Client, I can connect just fine to it, I
> > just can't do it from eth0 (using netcat, or whatever socket layer
> > API).
>
> Funny, I tried the same thing today (before reading your mail), with the
> same results.
>
> So either we make the same mistake or daytime is broken in mini-os...

Very few of the in-tree stubdoms use networking (only pvgrub might, but I
bet it isn't commonly used that way, since normally people boot of disk not
network) and I'm pretty certain that none of them use daytime specifically,
so if this ever worked I'd not be too surprised if it had regressed at some
point over the years.

Please can one or both of you provide some details of exactly what you've
done/are seeing, so:

      * Which stubdom target you have built, which configuration it is
        using, which binary you are loading
      * The guest CFG file
      * The guest console log
      * Logs from the creation of the guest
      * brctl, ifconfig etc from dom0.
      * Details of what commands run in dom0 aren't working.

Maybe something in there will give us a hint where to look next.

Ian