Re: [Minios-devel] Minios-devel Digest, Vol 3, Issue 11

Please avoid replying to digest email. Try to reply to your own email
when possible.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 07:43:52AM +0800, zhang chengfei wrote:
> I have solved this problem caused by a Makefile bug in ./stubdom, after
> executing make crossclean , I found the .o files still existed in
> lwip-x86_64 folder. So I add a command find . -name "*.o" | xargs rm -f in
> Makefile and then anything is OK.
>
> The reason is that lwip configure is given by the macro definition, macro
> definition have been replaced at the pre-compilation stage, so if I modify
> the lwip configure and did not delete the .o files, there is no effect.
> Following is the macro definitions I have modified in opt.h.
>
> MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB 100
> MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB_LISTEN 100
> MEMP_NUM_NETCONN 100

I think this is a bug in LWIP build system. It should have noticed a
crucial header is changed and rebuild all other files which depend on
it.

Glad that you found a stopgap solution to this.

> Now the server can break through the connection limitations and more than 3
> active TCP connections can be established, but sad that we have encountered
> another problem, the server side only can receive 61 clients of the
> connection requests. If exceeding the clients number, server side error
> will be reported as follows:
>
> ASSERTION FAILED: mbox->reader != mbox->writer at lwip-arch.c:124.

This suggests an overflow in mailbox AFAICT. There is no immediate
solution by looking at the piece of code. The culprit is somewhere else.

Wei.