Re: [Minios-devel] Outreachy for "High-level Language Support for Unikraft"

Hi Ciji,

Thank you for your interest in this project.

Adding minios-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and Simon the main mentor, as all
communication regarding Outreachy should be made on our mailing lists in public.

I also changed the mail title to make it clearer.
Please also join the #unikraft IRC channel (see
https://xenproject.org/help/irc.html - make sure you register your nickname)

For practical reasons:
* Please sign up to minios-devel@ (see lists.xenproject.org)
* Please let me know whether you checked the Eligibility requirements at
https://www.outreachy.org/apply/eligibility/
   (I am assuming you have, because otherwise you would not have seen the
project list)
* Which timezone you are in: both mentors, Simon and me are in UTC+1
   (Mississippi seems to be UTC-06:00)
* Your registered IRC nickname

You may also want to
* Build the hello world unikraft app: see
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:Unikraft & http://unikraft.neclab.eu/
and report back
* Familiarize yourself with the workflow at
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches#How_to_Generate.2C_and_Submit_a_Xen_Project_Patch_to_MiniOS_and_Unikraft
 (please read the entire document)
* Based on the timezone you are in, we should arrange a time early next week
when we can have a short discussion about a small contribution project on IRC.
It seems to me that your morning, and thus our evening would work best.

For the project, do you have a specific high-level language in mind? That may
help selecting a suitable contribution project.

Best Regards
Lars