Re: [Minios-devel] [Unikraft] Static Libraries not being linked properly

Hi Wei.

Thanks for the reply.

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Wei Chen <Wei.Chen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ajay,
>
> As what I understand, most of the libraries will use the posix
> APIs that provided by libc to use system functions. For Linux,
> the libc is a wrap of Linux system calls. For Unikraft, the Libc
> is a wrap of platform APIs.

Hmm, currently in lib/nolibc, I only see files such as string.c,
stdlib.c etc, all of which look bare-metal code to me.
I am sure I am overlooking something, but I will be grateful if you
could give one example of an API wrapping platform APIs.

> Linux has more than 300 system calls,
> as Unikraft is new, we don’t have so many platform APIs in this
> stage. This means we haven't implemented all posix APIs in nolibc,
> if the libraries of filesystem/lwip/other are using some APIs that
> we are missing, you have to implement them in current stage.

Hmm.. just curious, src-netbsd in rumprun manages to provide all APIs
for xen (too bad there is no support for xen-on-arm there).
So, is this trait (wrapping of APIs in libc in unikraft) an
architectural difference from rumprun?

> Regards,
> Wei Chen

Thanks again for all the information and help.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay