Re: [Minios-devel] Support for Xen platform on aarch64

Hi Peter,

Regarding Xen support, we have:

* x86_64 support, including nw/block drivers (the drivers are not upstreamed
yet but available on the list:
https://patchwork.unikraft.org/project/unikraft/list/).
* ARM32 hello world support, with no drivers.

(We also have KVM/x86_64 hello world support, with internal drivers.)

We do not support aarch64 on Xen yet but there are quite a few places that have
code that could be re-used to add that support:

- plat/kvm/arm, plat/common/arm for the arm specific architecture code

    - Set up the pagetable

    - Exception vector

    - Boot Image format- We use ELF format qemu but for Xen we need to support
zImage.

- Unikraft support Xen platform on x86, arm32.

    - Driver support for network, block available in the mailing list.

- Use OSv as reference for Aarch64 xen.

- Most Unikraft libraries are agnostic to the platform.

If you're interested and it'd help, we would be happy to have a brief call to
ouline this better.

-- Felipe

On 27.09.19, 18:44, "Minios-devel on behalf of Peter Smith"
<minios-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of salerio@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

    The question about how a Unikraft kernel can be built for ARMv8, I’m
interested in running a Unikraft kernel on Xilinx US+ MPSoC (A53) on top on
Xilinx’s Xen.

    Peter