Re: [Minios-devel] [UNIKRAFT/PYTHON3 v4 14/14] README.md: Update with info about building and running

On 10/16/19 11:38 AM, Felipe Huici wrote:
> Hi Costin, Vlad,
>
> There are a couple of things that can be improved in terms of
> documentation/README.md:
>
> * Being more explicit about exactly which menu options are needed to have
> 9pfs actually working -- this is far from obvious.

This is not Python3 related. We should not bloat the README with
information that is not related with Python. The user should now which
kind of filesystem he/she will use. Maybe he/she will prefer ext4 or
something else. I agree we don't have the best solution now on this
matter, so we should save it as a new issue to find a scalable and
(optionally) transparent way for using filesystems.

> * Ditto for extensions. Although this is certainly easier to sort out, we
> might as well make it explicit.

For this I need precise suggestions. We tried to make it as clear as
possible, but missing out things is unavoidable. If you provide us the
questions then we will fill the answers in the README.

> As part of the review process I've already done all the necessary edits to
> the file. If you agree, I can add these on upstreaming, so I'll give this
> patch a reviewed-by as is.

The reviewing is a collaborative process. And reviewing the
documentation is even more so. So please be free to contribute to this
documentation, you're the first user of our Python 3 port. :-)

Cheers,
Costin