Re: [Minios-devel] [UNIKRAFT/RUBY PATCH 05/16] core: Build core functionality

On 12/11/19 5:36 PM, Stefan Teodorescu wrote:
> Once it's upstreamed, we should also automatically select the
> /dev/null flag for the configuration, since it is required by the user
> interaction module. I'm not sure where exactly we should add this, but
> it would avoid a runtime error.

Since /dev/null depends on the filesystem being mounted, I'll add this
dependency to the main() configuration in patch 15. It won't have any
effect if we add it as a dependency of the library because mounting the
filesystem is the job of some entity outside the library. I've also
added automounting dependency for the main() in this series, so that
would be another reason.

> Also, on my gcc version (9.2.0), I encounter some warnings when
> building Ruby, which could be suppressed with the flag
> -Wno-address-of-packed-member. I will send a patch to fix these, once
> this is upstreamed.

Right, thanks!

Cheers,
Costin