Unikraft makefile - how to copy files in Makefile.uk

Hi,

I was hanging out in the IRC channel, but it seems inactive, so I am
asking here, hope that's ok. :)
I am trying to port a library to Unikraft, and as part of the build process I
want to copy around a few files after extracting the source files.
This is to solve these two problems:

1. Some source files have the same name (in different dirs), but the
unikraft build
    system places all .obj files into the root directory, thus
colliding object files
    overwrite each other. I want to rename conflicting files prior to
compilation.

2. Include paths - when extracting the source package, the include path is not
    how consumers of the library expect it. I would want to create an
appropriately
    named subdir and move the header files into it.

However, I can't figure out how to execute a simple "cp <src> <dest>"
in Makefile.uk,
since new targets cannot be defined.

How can I do that?

Thanks,