Test framework thoughts

I've been thinking about the best to way to implement the test framework. We
need it for two things:

- Compile test all the supported backends
- Making sure the supported backends actually all work, via simple unit tests
- Performance testing of various components.

Some tests require setting up an environment (e.g. network interfaces, or block
devices) before the tests can run.

There are a few testing libraries that are easy to incorporate (e.g. oUnit or
Kaputt), but I've been wondering if we can just use ocamlbuild to make things
much easier.  It supports dynamic build dependencies (much as our CIEL
framework also does), so a test can block mid-test and wait for another target
to finish.

An individual test could be written as a module (say Foo), with a foo.test file
that describes any dependencies and parameters, and ocamlbuild could just run
them in parallel.  I'm still thinking it through, but wondering if anyone else
has any thoughts on this.

Anil