Re: generalising oxenstored for unix nodes too

> Thomas, Dave, any thoughts on this? I was thinking of hanging a
> first-class module from a node, which could be unpacked and decide
> how to deal with that part of the namespace.  This way, we could
> mix-and-match Xen portions of the namespace, as well as other nodes
> that have completely different side-effects.

If I remind correctly, the only important thing in the xenbus protocol is to be
able to give an identifier to transactions ie, every query has to be tagged
with an ident which will identify the current transaction. If the ident is 0,
then there is no active transaction, and there is an API call to start a new
transaction which return a fresh ident. There are also some specific code to
handle connections coming from  dom0 (using a socket) and from other domains
(using ring buffers): we were needing both in xenserver so that should be quite
easy to reuse.

If needed, I have some ideas to improve the transaction aborting mechanisms,
but the current scheme is already quite good (at least for typical Xen uses).

--
Thomas