Re: TCP wait_for transmit question

On 14 Jul 2012, at 17:10, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> Interesting; so this check is also clamped to the TX MSS
> (Tcp.Pcb.write_available) and not to the max_size of the application
> buffer.
>
> This is probably a good time to nail down the semantics of all these
> different modules, particularly as vchan/shmem will be coming along
> shortly.
>
> Channel: buffered I/O, manual flush required
> Flow: unbuffered I/O, will be triggered immediately
> Tcp.Pcb: buffered if delay writes are used, unbuffered with nodelay
>
> The TCP Nagle's buffer is necessary since only it knows if there are TX
> packets in flight, whereas the Channel module doesnt...

naive question- what's the relationship between Tcp.Pcb and Flow then?  ie., if
i have a tcp connection underneath with nagling turned on, is my flow genuinely
unbuffered, or just mostly so?

--
Cheers,

R.

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy
or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.