Re: mirage-www

On 7 Sep 2012, at 16:04, Jon Crowcroft wrote:

> No, sequence numbers apply to bytes of payload data

ah- it's just the SYN that applies to -- from rfc 793, p31:

  In line 2 of figure 7, TCP A begins by sending a SYN segment
  indicating that it will use sequence numbers starting with sequence
  number 100.  In line 3, TCP B sends a SYN and acknowledges the SYN it
  received from TCP A.  Note that the acknowledgment field indicates TCP
  B is now expecting to hear sequence 101, acknowledging the SYN which
  occupied sequence 100.

in that case, no idea :)

looks like the client certainly thinks things should be ack-ed further into the
stream. wireshark is having one of its (many) "moments" on my mac so i can't
actually open the file again (opening wireshark currently causes it to fork
bomb the mac with processes that activity monitor reports as "wireshark" and ps
reports as "dumpcap"...).

> On 7 Sep 2012 15:21, "Richard Mortier" <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> On 7 Sep 2012, at 14:02, David Scott wrote:
>
> > ...It looks like a problem in TCP. Anyone got any hints where to look?
>
> not specifically, but it looks like the server is acking up to byte 112; the
> 3 repeated acks up to 112 trigger the fast retx as they should.
>
> isn't the server supposed to ack 1 past (because the ack itself counts as a
> byte)?  ie., to 113.  (certainly that would explain why the client keeps
> treating the ack to 112 as a request for retx.)
>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> R.
>

> This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
> contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
> please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use,
> copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any
> attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do

Cheers,

R.