Re: About Mirage Implementation

Hi Yiming,

The best way to learn about this stuff is just to get stuck in, hit bugs,
fix them along the way, and ask questions along the way. Documentation
will take some time to get up to the level where a casual user can pick
this up, and actually learning all the components is a very useful way to
get up to speed.  Having said that, we've made great progress on making
all of this usable recently, thanks to Thomas' hard work on OPAM and the
packaging infrastructure.

So I'd suggest you get mirage/mirage-www or mirage/mirage-tutorial compiling
for you and make sure you can get the website up and running locally on
your computer.  The instructions on:
http://www.openmirage.org/wiki/install

should be correct for this already. Just follow them to get an environment
and then clone the mirage-www repository, type in 'make', and run the
resulting UNIX binary.

With the Xen backend, you will get a microkernel that can run under Xen
as a normal VM.  Have you got a working Xen installation available?

-anil