Re: mirage, mirage-www, xen and ec2

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the pointer--I may try the static IP work around tonight. I may also try to dig into the DHCP issue to start learning the mirage codebase some. The relevant code is mirage-net/direct/lib/dhcp/client.ml correct?

--Mark

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Anil wrote:

> The default mirage-www is configured to a static IP. ÂTry modifying
> mirage-www/src/server.ml and changing the:
>
> Â Â Net.Manager.configure interface (`IPv4 ip) >>
>
> line to
>
> Â Â Net.Manager.configure interface `DHCP >>
>
> ...and this will pick up an IP address on EC2.
>
> If you've run it locally, did you already make this change? ÂDoing an
> auto-update of mirage-www to EC2 is on my todo list, so I'll check
> manually tomorrow if it works with the latest trees or not. Dave, have
> you tried this recently?

I tried this a few weeks ago (just before OUD) and it didn't immediately work for me.
The DHCP server I ran it against is known to be a bit odd, so I figured there was some bad
interaction. Unfortunately I didn't have time to dive in and debug it, so I switched to
a static IP as a workaround. I'm sure a bit of printf debugging in the DHCP code will
reveal the problem :-)

Cheers,
Dave