Re: ocaml-dns

On 14 Mar 2013, at 13:51, Anastasia Gornostaeva <ermine@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've decided to use your ocaml-dns library to get SRV records for my
> xmpp library. Could you give me an example of code, please?

CCing cl-mirage as I'm on the road, so if someone else could elaborate
if necessary that'd be useful.

https://github.com/mirage/ocaml-dns/tree/master/lib_test has some test
examples, and there is a 'dig' clone here:

https://github.com/mirage/ocaml-dns/blob/master/lwt/mldig.ml
(which uses Lwt)

It should be straightforward to write a SRV resolver from this.  The
main thing on my TODO list for the DNS library before 1.0 is to remove
the dependency on OpenSSL for the DNSSEC code that Haris wrote, and
implement that in pure OCaml.

Let us know if you run into any problems (the library's still beta, so
we can break interfaces if needed before a 1.0 release).

-a