Re: Mirari template

On 31/03/2013 14:14, Vincent Bernardoff wrote:
Hello,

Today I tried to use templates to generate the main.ml with Mirari
instead of putting the source code as strings in the program.

You can checkout git://github.com/vbmithr/mirari branch template.

Basically, I added a template/main.ml file which is an OCaml file (the
former generated main.ml) with optcomp directives in it.

Mirari has been modified to output a settings.ml file instead, that is
included by the templated main.ml.

I don't know if it is useful or not, I just started that because I
didn’t like very much the idea to have the generated code embedded in
mirari.ml, and that I needed to modify it to experiment a bit with the
UNIX backend.

What do you think about it, if anything ?

Cheers,

Vincent

Just remembered why I did that in the first place: I want the autogenerated main.ml have a different code according to the backend as well, just in case it would be needed. For example, I don’t want to use the Net.Manager for UNIX.

Vincent