Re: Cryptokit.Random unsuitable in cooperative multithreaded systems

On 23/04/2013 15:05, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
Additionally, Vincent Bernardoff appears to have forked Cryptokit with
>the unmerged addition of SHA-512<https://github.com/vbmithr/cryptokit-sha512>.
>
>What's the status of this library? Is it part of Mirage? Are we
>forking it? Is it maintained?
We'll need a short-term Mirage fork to separate out the C bindings, but
should feed it back upstream in the long term.  Vincent, I'll leave the SHA256
question to you.

Hi.

Yeah, at some point I needed SHA512 for a project, so I just merged all sha code from Vincent Hanquez' ocaml-sha into cryptokit, calling that cryptokit-sha512.

What is the status ->

A fork of cryptokit with sha512 added on it and slightly more efficient SHA C code overall (Like SHA512 faster than Xavier implementation of SHA1!)

Part of Mirage -> No
Are we forking it -> No, AFAIK
Is it maintained -> No more no less than the original cryptokit. It should work the same as upstream cryptokit.

That's about it. Ultimately, my "fork" could be merged into upstream, but I fear this is yet another project where upstream do not care anymore.

Cheers,

Vincent