Re: nice paper from HotOS 99 on distributed systems

so CAP is susceptible to our quantum hack by the way - if we keep entangled bits in every replica as part of a version vector, then when the net partitions, we can tell tha records that we have to lock from update (or read, if we want read consistency too) in minority partitions - this would be a variant of the idea of replicating the version vector in more places than the data, so that you can increase availability