Re: [Caml-list] French study on security and functional languages

On 24 May 2013, at 13:41, Olivier Levillain <olivier.levillain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
>> For those reading French, ANSSI (French agency for information
>> security) published a study on security and functional languages, with
>> a set of recommendations. OCaml is apparently well studied:
>>
>> http://www.ssi.gouv.fr/fr/anssi/publications/publications-scientifiques/autres-publications/lafosec-securite-et-langages-fonctionnels.html
>
> For information, some of the results have been presented last February
> during the JFLA (Journées francophones des langages applicatifs). The
> slides presented are available on the conference web site
> (http://jfla.inria.fr/2013/programme.html).

I was very glad to see the release of the Parsifal code onto Github too:
https://github.com/ANSSI-FR/parsifal

It looks like you have done a lot of the work required towards building
a pure OCaml SSL and Kerberos stack, as well as DNS and SSH parsers in
there too.  We were just discussing the lack of a pure OCaml SSL library
for MirageOS (which already has a full reimplementation of device drivers
and TCP/IP and HTTP, and is just missing the final SSL piece).

best,
Anil