Re: [Xen-devel] [Seeking input] Format of Xen Project Developer Summit in October

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 12:46:58PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Option 1) We could run two parallel content tracks for most of the event
> > (assuming we have enough content)
>
> -1

-1

> > Option 2) We could use the second room for in-depth discussions (using
> > an unconference scheduling mechanism as we have done at the Hackathon:
> > if you want to know how this works do read
> > http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2013/05/28/event-report-xen-hackathon-2013/ -
> > we would use a simplified version of the mechanism described). These
> > would run in parallel to the main program, for example in the afternoon.
> > In other words, we would have "BoF type meetings decided on the day" or
> > "hacking sessions" or "get started with X" or "how do we solve problem
> > Z" etc. that would happen in the second room in parallel to talks.
>
> +1
+1

> > Option 3) A mixture of both
>
> 0
-1

> Jan

I concur with Jan. There is already so much going on that week with LKS
and LinuxCon, XenSummit, and meeting other people in the halls - that
having everybody in one room would make it much easier to have discussions.

Instead of trying to find some "time" to talk to them and potentially not
having enough people in the discussion.