Re: Erratic errors

On 16 Aug 2013, at 10:05, Vincent Bernardoff <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16/08/2013 12:25, David Scott wrote:
>>
>>    We could put in a hack to the domain exit function in Mirage to
>>    check if it's exiting very soon after it's been started, and to spin
>>    for a while if that's the case.  Not very pretty though..
>>

>> A good hack for the moment!
>>

> Can someone give me a pointer on how to implement this solution ?
>
> HYPERVISOR_sched_op something in kernel.c ?

It depends what the nature of your crash is, but you basically want to record
the domain time at the beginning of the boot and stash it in a local variable.

Then in xen/runtime/kernel/main.c _exit function, check that sufficient time
has passed and spin if it hasn't.

Alternatively, you should be able to start your domain paused and ensure the
console is attached before booting.  That's probably a better change rather
than a hack in Mirage itself.