Re: mirage/nixos

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:07:59PM +0100, Richard Mortier wrote:
> have been sporadically trying to get mirage up on nixos on virtualbox,
> and being stymied by many ridiculous tool incompatibilities :/  have it
> in principle but hit an odd opam error when installing the ocamlfind
> package:
>
> configure: cannot determine ocaml's standard library directory

I just ran into the same issue due to symlinking an OCaml installation
elsewhere.  The OCaml compiler installation is not relocatable -- that is,
once you install it in a PREFIX, it must stay there.  This is because the
directory is hardcoded into the compiler driver ("ocamlc -where").

So I suspect the reason this failed for you on NixOS is because of the
tricks it plays with symlinks in order to have multiple simultaneous
package revisions.  I haven't had a chance to try NixOS out for myself
to verify this yet.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy                                 http://anil.recoil.org