OCaml Labs Meeting - Tuesday at 4pm in the Computer Lab

Dear all,

Please find the agenda below for tomorrow's OCaml Labs Meeting.  We'll be going
through the talks for the OCaml 2013 Meeting in Boston next week [1].

-- Details --
OCaml Labs Meeting
17th September 2013 (TOMORROW)
4pm – 5pm
Room FW26 - Cambridge Computer Laboratory
William Gates Building
JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0FD

-- Agenda --
* OCL update (Anil)

* OCaml Platform (Anil)
The OCaml Platform combines the core OCaml compiler with a coherent set of
tools, documentation, libraries and testing resources. The project is led by
the OCaml Labs group in Cambridge, working closely with OCaml-Pro in France,
and the requirements are being guided by the industrial OCaml Consortium
(primarily Jane Street, Citrix and Lexifi to start with). Creating and
maintaining the Platform is an ambitious, long-term project so the v0.1 is not
taking arbitrary decisions about which packages are included. Instead, we are
first placing the industrial contributors on a common toolchain and workflow so
that it’s easier to work together and share code. We expect a standard set of
libraries to emerge from consensus over time as this workflow rises in adoption.
(Full abstract: http://bit.ly/1goBbmA)

* OCamlot (David Sheets)
OCamlot provides a distributed, continuous testing service for OPAM package
quality and compatibility. Using signals from GitHub, OCamlot ensures that,
before being merged, patches submitted to the OPAM repository are thoroughly
tested on the variety of supported configurations, architectures, and systems.
The resulting improved build and metadata quality in turn speeds up development
on other aspects of the Platform through earlier error feedback. A high-quality
package repository is also very important for new user retention.
(Full abstract: http://bit.ly/1goBaiL)

* Ctypes (Jeremy)
The ctypes library provides a typed, high-level interface for describing C
types, accessing C data, and calling C functions. Using ctypes, you can bind to
foreign functions without writing or generating C.
(Full abstract: http://bit.ly/1goB62x)

Best wishes,
Amir

[1] Programme for OCaml 2013 - http://ocaml.org/meetings/ocaml/2013/program.html