Re: [Xen-devel] Developer Dashboards for Xen Project sub-projects (need input)

On mar, 2013-11-05 at 15:14 +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> I have been talking to a 3rd party vendor about creating a community
> development dashboard for the Xen Project at OWF and LinuxCon EU and
> found a vendor in the community to fund a beta. This is a relatively
> [..]
> Examples are:
>       * http://activity.openstack.org/dash/newbrowser/browser/
>       * http://korma.wmflabs.org/browser/ (mediawiki)

Wow... How shiny! I like it. :-)

> The idea would be to create a dashboard for the Hypervisor, XAPI and
> Mirage projects focussing on repos, lists and code reviews first. We
> can extend out to other areas if this is attractive. This would make
> my life easier and the dashboard has some functionality to spot
> community problems.

Yep, I only gave the examples above a quick glance, but it looks like
there is a lot of potentially useful information.

> I wanted to start a discussion about this and what would be useful.

I think it could very well be.

> We can do similar things for XAPI and Mirage.
>

> So what I am looking for is
> a) a discussion on the list on what might be useful, and
> b) a number of volunteers (ideally one per project) who will work with
> me and the vendor getting this off the ground

Can we have some more info (if you have them yourself) on what it is
that the volunteers would need to do?

I like this thing and, in principle, I'd like to help, but it would be
nice to know what kind of effort is it, to make sure I'll actually have
time for it, and that it matches my competences.

Regards,
Dario