Re: [MirageOS-devel] opam repository problems

On 8 Dec 2013, at 13:31, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> is anyone else noticing anything?  from what i can currently observe,
>
> + opam.ocamlpro.org is quite out of date (seems to still give me omd.0.6.0
> rather than omd.0.8.2 for example)
>
> + opam.ocaml.org is fine for opam.1.1.0 but has a broken repository for
> opam.1.0.0

[CCing opam-devel]

OPAM 1.1 changed the repository format sufficiently that an OPAM 1.0 client can
no longer read a 1.1-format repository.

Therefore, the transition to OPAM 1.1 also involved setting up a new 1.1-only
repository, which we put at https://opam.ocaml.org.

In order to migrate people from the old repo to the new one, we also added a
'repo' file that can issue a redirect when a 1.1 client connects to the old 1.0
repositories.

So the summary of all this is that you should be using OPAM 1.1, and only with
opam.ocaml.org.  OPAM 1.0 is now deprecated.  I don't think we've done a
particularly good job of communicating this on the OPAM website though, so I'd
quite like to clarify that.  In particular, if someone was using
opam.ocamlpro.com via a non-HTTP remote (e.g. git), then the repo redirect will
not kick in.

Which packages are you blocked on atm?  Sylvain just fixed forge.ocamlcore.org,
which also went down last night and broke some packages.

cheers,
Anil