Re: [MirageOS-devel] io-page

On 17 Dec 2013, at 17:07, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at the code of io-pages[1] and the mls and mlis look quite
> similar to me. Anyone has an objection if I refactor this into:
>
> a package "io-page":
> lib/io_page.ml
> lib/io_page.mli
>
> a package "io-page/unix":
> lib/stub_alloc_pages.c
>
> Dave, Ani, maybe you had any future plans for io-page that I should be aware
> of ?

I'm ok with this being merged, with a subpackage for io-page.unix that includes
the C stubs.  See my previous mail about the cross-compilation environment for
Xen -- I think it's far easier to agree on an external symbol for IO page
allocation, and ensure that all the backends supply that symbol at compile-time.

Raphael: do you have a sense for whether we should use typed-arrays (or
something from asm.js) for the io-page.js backend in JavaScript?  Really just
making sure that the interface won't be radically different from the existing
Io_page API (which is essentially Bigarray).