[MirageOS-devel] ocaml-git and git2fat

Hi,

I've just released a small proof-of-concept too to create a FAT image from a
Git snapshot. The code is available on my Github account (see [1]) and it
should land in OPAM quite soon.

This tool takes a Git repository as argument (either local on your disk, or
remote) and a commit/tag name, and create a FAT image with the filesystem
corresponding to that commit. If the repository is remote, it clones the
contents in memory using 'ocaml-git' (see [2]), an implementation of the Git
protocol in pure OCaml.

Dave, the current FAT API is very low-levell, that would be great if we can
have an higher level one to avoid duplicating code with fat/impl.ml in
git2fat.ml (see [3]).

Best,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/samoht/git2fat