Re: [MirageOS-devel] has anyone successfully used fat and xen together?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
if so, how? :)

I have, but before all the recent tooling improvements.

specifically-- configuring with `MODE=xen` and `FS_MODE=fat` causes installation of `fat-filesystem` and thus `mirage-block-unix`. when i then execute a build i end up with:

```
mort-www     + ocamlfind ocamlopt -g -linkpkg -dontlink unix -output-obj -package mirage.types-xen -package mirage-http-xen -package mirage-console-xen -package mirage-block-xen.front -package mirage-block-unix -package io-page-xen -package io-page-unix -package fat-filesystem -package cowabloga -package cow.syntax -package lwt.syntax -syntax camlp4o site_config.cmx posts.cmx page.cmx blog.cmx courses.cmx papers.cmx site.cmx server.cmx main.cmx -o main.native.o
mort-www     findlib: [WARNING] Interface block.cmi occurs in several directories: /home/mort/.opam/mirage-xen/lib/mirage-block-unix, /home/mort/.opam/mirage-xen/lib/mirage-block-xen
mort-www     findlib: [WARNING] Interface io_page.cmi occurs in several directories: /home/mort/.opam/mirage-xen/lib/io-page-unix, /home/mort/.opam/mirage-xen/lib/io-page-xen
mort-www     File "_none_", line 1:
mort-www     Error: No implementations provided for the following modules:
mort-www              Unix referenced from /home/mort/.opam/mirage-xen/lib/lwt/lwt-unix.cmxa(Lwt_engine),
mort-www                /home/mort/.opam/mirage-xen/lib/lwt/lwt-unix.cmxa(Lwt_unix),
mort-www                /home/mort/.opam/mirage-xen/lib/mirage-block-unix/mirage_block_unix.cmxa(Block)

Referencing Unix is not going to work :)

I checked the META file for fat-filesystem, it depends on:
```
requires = "cstruct re re.str mirage-types lwt"
```
I think we need to track down where mirage-block-unix is coming from.

A second observation is that I recently merged Thomas' io-page improvement, so you can now just use "io-page" instead of "io-page-xen". The old package should work though; I don't think this is related to your problem.

mort-www     Command exited with code 2.
mort-www     make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mort/mirage/mort-www/src'
[ERROR]      The command "make build" exited with code 2.
```

i'm using thomas' new combinator branch of mirage.

this is a bit of a blocker for me -- my website is on the large side to be crunched (150MB .ml file anyone?) so i'd hoped that FAT would save me...

i see the same issue with mirage-www too, and the use of crunch for the live site (afaics) suggests to me that fat might not be supported.

(and yes, for the time being i will store the relevant bits of content out of the site and href them from the site itself, but that seems like a bit of a cop-out given we're intending to demo this at fosdem in 2 weeks... :)

--
Cheers,

R.

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.

Dave Scott