[MirageOS-devel] Mirage 1.1.0 release: the eat-your-own-dogfood release

I'm pleased to announce the release of Mirage OS 1.1.0.  The latest packages
have been uploaded to OPAM, so you can just run "opam update -u" to grab the
sources.  A summary of new features and fixes is available online at:

http://openmirage.org/blog/mirage-1.1-released

It can be summarised as follows, but please see the blog post for details.

- functional combinators to express device drivers in configuration files -- a
much more flexible and well-typed approach to assembling various combinations
of an OS stack in a principled way.

- a fully functorized TCP/IP stack that is modular enough to abstract the
sockets API and the direct TCP/IP stack behind the same modular interface.
This lets us swap between developing on a familiar Unix box and redeploying on
Xen.

- less magic in the build system to make upstream binary packaging easier.

- over 30 libraries released into OPAM, ranging from protocol implementations
to Xen libraries to database code.

- a refreshed set of tutorials and hello world walkthroughs online at:
http://openmirage.org/wiki/hello-world

Our libraries have had contributions from a large number of people in this
release; the Mirage website now installs *40* libraries from a clean build (see
https://travis-ci.org/mirage/mirage-www/jobs/18672156 for a sample build log of
the live website).  I'd like to particularly thank David Sheets, Hugo Heuzard
and Rudy Grinberg for their contributions to the network and web stacks, and
Jon Ludlam for contributing to the Xen suspend/resume support.

The focus of the development team is now to shift our personal homepages onto
Mirage-hosted VMs, so expect a flurry of complaints and bugfixes as we are
forced to use our own tools!

As always, please report bugs to https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues, or on

-Anil, along with Thomas Gazagnaire, David Scott and Richard Mortier