Re: [MirageOS-devel] Memory requirements for a typical Mirage OS VM

On 22 Feb 2014, at 11:41, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 21 Feb 2014, at 18:58, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> can you tell us what the memory requirements of a typical Mirage OS VM
>> are.
>
> er, define typical... :)
>
> there are some figures on memory footprint (now perhaps a little outdated) in
> the mirage ASPLOS'13 paper. the latest xen image in the mirage-www-deployment
> repo looks like ~2.5MB for the entire http://openmirage.org website.

The live Mirage website is configured with 64MB of RAM, fwiw.  It could
probably be lowered, but we haven't bothered trying recently.  It's on the list
of things to do (integrate the GC with the balloon driver, and/or experiment
with the page sharing APIs for immutable data).

>> If you have visibility of size needs of HalVM, ErlangOnXen, ...
>> that would be helpful too
>
> sorry, i don't, don't know if anyone else does.

I'm not aware of any published numbers for the others either, sorry.