Re: [MirageOS-devel] 0install gist for macos x

On 27 Apr 2014, at 09:44, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27 April 2014 08:01, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If anyone want's to play around with 0install, I've put a tidied up gist
>> here:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/avsm/39d0ced39f9ed45165d5
>>
>> It'll be submitted upstream soonish hopefully, and then binary bottled (so
>> you can `brew install 0install` without having to compile anything).  The
>> GTK2 GUI is a little clunky on MacOS X as it takes some time to spin up, but
>> works fine in my limited testing so far.
>
> By the way, we'd be very happy to have a native OS X GUI plugin if
> anyone has time. It should be fairly easy to do as there's a clean
> split between the GUI code and the logic: just copy the gui_gtk
> directory and translate to your favourite toolkit...

Has anyone built a web interface, out of interest?  That would be much more
likely to be useful on an ARM board too, as it could provide a configuration
frontend.

>> $ 0install add opam http://test.roscidus.com/opam.xml
>>
>> This spins up the GUI and gives a 'OS version mismatch error' as expected
>> (since Thomas' published test repo is a Linux OPAM binary).  More later as I
>> catch up on e-mail...
>
> I've added the Linux-x86 and Darwin-x86_64 binaries too now - let me
> know if it works!

Almost!  It now downloads the archive, but fails when creating /var/cache
(doesn't exist on MacOS X).  Is there an environment variable to control this
(or configure time option)?